Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Love's Chances

As much as it hurts I knew we had the same chances maintaining a relationship as I did finding a four leaf clover
Reason and logic tell us that the chances of finding a true love are far and few in between
Yet and still it hurt a true pain when reason and or relationship collided
If I ever walk down Love's aisle again I'll read the warning label twice before I buy it
I'll inspect it twice before I try it
Because I realize you get no refunds no money back
You can try to fix it but you'll probably end up throwing it in the back of the closet with other stuff that broke before you could predict the end was coming
I guess I have that midget love syndrome
My capacity for Love's growth is super stunted
I can't fall deep enough too shallow my conscious won't allow it
Flings are predictable so with them my vision is clouded
They aren't filling though
So hungry I crave for more
But even when it looks good I'm scared to eat

Wondering if the love won't just fill me but somehow leave me morbidly obese
Even more than getting too full I'm scared you'll leave
Somehow no longer pleased with what you see in me
Scared I'll find my pride bent and on my knees I'll beg that you don't go
Karma real and long fetching
When love became my guest I showed it to the door
Now I sit petrified the same will happen to me

No comments: