Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Faith and Relationships

To grow faith you speak it into existence. You grow it by planting a seed that you water with your words. Regardless of your awareness, you plant several seeds eVeryday. You decide with your word choice whether weeds or flowers will bloom in your life. Deep ain't it!!? We decide our lives! We can choose to be passive or we can choose to be actively positive. I'm sure one could choose to be actively negative, but why speed up your demise by watering weeds of your own destruction. All these truths swarmed around my head as I thought about the way I discuss my relationship. I could here myself saying, "This isn't going to work" "My feelings confuse me" "I'll never be able to trust him" when I realized I was planting seeds of failure into my relationship. I needed a change.

In the midst of our confusion
I say things are clear
I speak what I want to see
Instead of what i feel
My words are the container of energy that heal our situation
They blow life into the relationship we develop
The foundation of sweet fellowship
I let flow from my lips hope happiness and fulfillment
Words that encourage and empower
Words that helps us to enter into a divine intertwining of our spirits
A love story that touches the hearts of all those that hear it
Something rare long standing and sweet
Words that defeat all forms of worldly deceit
I speak trust over lust
I let a spring flow from my lips that springs patience over anger
I speak against all words that would endanger God's plan
I speak against everything that would yield me incapable of being your women and you of being my man
From your rib came me
With my lips I set us above all things worldly
I place us back in the first garden of tranquility

No comments: