Friday, October 24, 2008

The Economy

The economy is a sick old lady trying to cross the street
Politicians walking fast past her looking at their feet
Acting like they don't know what to do
I'm on a bull horn yelling try something new
Acting on greed and self interest just won't do
Think of me the voter think of me the toter of America's woes
What do we do next politician you telling me you don't know
Well I think first our relationship needs some balance
It feels like I'm the giver and you're the taker
It feels like I bake all day while you stack the cake
I'm an involuntary philanthropist
My life an ongoing good deed
I work for cheap so you can get what you need for cheaper
I sow the sweat while you're the real reaper
I live check to check
While your assistant checks the arrival time of your personal jet
Is this right.......is this the American dream
The truth is America doesn't belong to us it belongs to the 10% at the top that own 90% of everything
Maybe its me maybe I don't understand principles like supply and demand
Or maybe I do I demand answers and you supply me with info that's irrelevant or just isn't true
The streets learned from Washington 24/7/365
On every corner of America pushing kilos of lies
Giving America no choice but to buy
I don't understand it
But i know things won't change because the masses will never demand it
In ignorance they've found bliss
I've come to realize the government doesn't give an eff if a couple of ants get pissed
Cause one man don't stop no show
Unless one man decides to blow
That's exactly what I intend to do
So lean close so I can blow that muzzle from your mouth
So you can speak your truth
Lean close so I can blow the veil the media has forced over your eyes
Lean close so I can blow out some of those deep rooted lies
Lean close so I can blow away some of that fear the government is trying to instill
I'm going in for the kill
I don't care if its a suicide mission
In living like this I'm missing
Missing out on life
I'd rather take a stand can't give into BigBrother with absolutely no fight

No comments: