Friday, October 24, 2008

People Watched

Have you ever sat in one spot and people watched
Watched and wondered
Sat and pondered
What the stranger walking by is going through
Wishing for even a second you could slide in their shoes
See their struggles
Find out what they knew
See what they believe is true and what they deem false
See what beliefs they hold dear and which ones they toss
I people watch
Till I take a look at my watch and realize somewhere along the way I became lost in my thoughts
Comparing and contrasting
The simplest characteristics like the way a person walks
Trying to judge if their walk is related to their thoughts
Are their minds racing as fast as their feet as they speed walk to class
Is their mind moving in Slo Mo as they leisurely stroll pass

Is the frustration in their face produced by thoughts of stress
Do they serve my God are they at thins moment thanking him for being blessed
I people watch until I stop to see the people are watching me
We meet eyes hoping in vain to see what the other sees

.....................I like people watching especially when I have a lot on my mind. It is sooo easy to waste time and escape my thoughts by pondering the mind of another. I can't think about me while I'm thinking about you.

No comments: