Monday, October 20, 2008

My safety net

HE was my safety net
As long as I had him I knew that if I fell there would be something to break my fall
But a net isn't what I needed although its what I desired for too long
As time continued on I realized I could never fall into a new love with my safety net remaining
The only choices I had were to cut the threads of the net or choose to never fall and the thought of never falling didn't fly with me at all
So today i cut the threads thinking I would feel liberated
Instead I'm scared shitless mind drifting over my decision making
Body not understanding why its heart feels like its breaking
Deep down I know it was the right choice
Beyond these tear filled eyes and moist cheeks I see
The decision won't leave me weak but strong
Another day with the net remaining would have only been wrong
I lovED him the key being the fact i didn't say love I said lovED so today
I leave my net in the past tense to stay




No comments: